The most frequently asked motorcycle insurance questions …
- How many motorcycles can I have on my insurance policy?
- Why isn't my motorcycle listed in your quote engine?
- Am I insured to ride my motorcycle abroad?
- Do I need 'Business Use' to commute?
- Can I pay for my motorcycle insurance by instalments?
- Are my helmet and leathers covered?
- Which security devices will reduce my motorcycle insurance premium?
- Do I need to disclose car accidents when getting a motorcycle insurance quote?
1. How many motorcycles can I have on my insurance policy?
Unlike many of our competitors, we allow you to insure up to four motorcycles on the same policy - we can even offer multi-rider / multi-bike policies.
2. Why isn't my motorcycle listed in your quote engine?
Although we constantly update our motorcycle tables, unfortunately models do occasionally get missed. Please call 0844 880 962 and we will be happy to help.
3. Am I insured to ride my motorcycle abroad?
All our policies automatically cover you to ride in any European Union (EU) country for between 30 & 90 days (please refer to your policy documents).
This will give you the same level of cover you enjoy in the UK excepting riding other motorcycles. For the sake of clarity - you will not be covered to ride other motorcycles abroad even if your policy allows you to in the UK.
Please Note - if you intend to ride outside the EU you will require a green card
We also offer European Breakdown cover - this includes breakdown cover, emergency services and other additional benefits whilst travelling abroad.
To extend your motorcycle insurance cover or for further information please call 0844 8800 962
4. Do I need 'Business Use' to commute?
No - as long as you ride to and from the same place of work and your policy covers you for commuting.
Business Use allows you to visit any other business sites during the working day; but does not cover any goods or samples carried in connection, e.g. courier or delivery services.
If you tell us you are a motorcycle courier / delivery rider our insurance engine will automatically extend your policy to cover you.
Always check your motorcycle insurance policy documents to make sure you have the right level of cover. If you are in any doubt please call us on 0844 8800 962
5. Can I pay for my motorcycle insurance by instalments?
Yes - we offer flexible monthly instalment schemes (our usual terms and conditions apply).
6. Are my helmet and leathers covered?
Unfortunately we are unable to cover your protective clothing and motorcycle helmet although your household insurance policy usually does cover these items.
7. Which security devices will reduce my motorcycle insurance premium?
This is a tricky one - all approved motorcycle security (locks, alarms, immobilisers and tracking devices), should reduce your motorcycle insurance premium - but the keyword is approved!
If it's Thatcham approved or SoldSecure then you should be eligible for a discount.
8. Do I need to disclose car accidents when getting a motorcycle insurance quote?
Another tricky one - some insurers ignore them others don't. It is always best to disclose them and let our motorcycle insurance engine decide if they are applicable.
Motoring convictions are another matter and must always be disclosed.
More information on motorcycle insurance, quotes and premiums ...